Here is an opportunity to do something that will impact our community! Volunteer with Madison Christian Church and make a difference!
There are many ways to volunteer! Check out our list of opportunities below for specific jobs and other ways to serve.
Click the arrows/bars to open the descriptions. Then complete the signup form below.
Become a Flag Bearer
As a flag bearer, you have the opportunity to carry the flag during the opening ceremony. Each flag represents a soldier who has been killed in action defending our freedom. Carrying this memorial is considered a great honor.
As a flag bearer, you will carry the flag to the announcer to have the soldier’s name read out to the audience. Then the bearer will proceed to where the flag has been designated to be posted within the memorial field.
To be a flag bearer, you must be 13 years or older and be able to carry a pole mounted American flag. You will need to be at the church campus at 1:00pm (an hour before the ceremony) in order to get directions from our team leader and your position in line.
If you’d like to be a flag bearer, complete the signup form below.
Volunteer Your Time
Ohio Flags of Honor traveling Memorial requires many volunteers to set up the display field of flags. Currently there are over 900 flags in the field (302 fallen soldier flags and over 600 support flags).
Madison Christian Church is honored to be able to host this traveling memorial for the city of Groveport, Obetz, Madison township and southeast central Ohio community. We would love to have your help during that weekend.
There are many opportunities to help:
- Setting up or dismantling the display
- Hospitality during the event
- Distribution of posters throughout the community
- Flag bearers
- Escorting the Memorial Truck procession from Eastland Mall to Madison Christian Church
If you’d like to volunteer for this event, complete the signup form below.
Make a Donation
Ohio Flags of Honor traveling memorial is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that relies on donations from people like you to bring their memorial to our communities throughout Ohio.
There are two ways to donate:
- Checks: Write checks to Madison Christian Church with “Ohio Flags of Honor” on memo line. They can be mailed to 3565 Bixby Rd., Groveport, OH 43125 or dropped off at MCC’s front desk during open work hours. NO CASH DONATIONS.
- Online: To make a donation online, please click the Donate button below to be directed to the Madison Christian Church PayPal page. Your donation will be automatically marked for the purpose of “OFOH” (Ohio Flags of Honor).
We are looking for donations in amounts of $25, $50, $75, $100 or more. Please consider supporting the traveling memorial today!
Contact us to sign up to volunteer during this event.
Please complete the form below (or email us at email@example.com) to let us know how you’d like to help.